On July 9, 1953, the TATECO (Port of Spain) Credit Union was established within the walls of the Trinidad and Tobago Electricity Commission on Park Street, Port of Spain.
One of the founding fathers was Mr. E. Gibbs and who was the first President.
In 1962 after the devastating hurricane Flora in Tobago, the employees of TTEC, Tobago became members. Our Tobago Office operated from the desk drawer of Mr. Hilton Bonas and has now grown to over 500 members.< In 1989, the Credit Union took a giant leap and purchased a building at 33-37 Park Street, Port of Spain and established its first official office thereby affording members comfortable surrounding where they could transact business.
In 1996, the then Honorable Minister Ms. Pamela Nicholson cut the ribbon of a three-storey Commercial Building at 32 Wilson Road, Scarborough, Tobago, where operations for our Tobago members are conducted and well as provide income via rental from 8 other offices.
In 2013 the celebrated our 60th Anniversary with the commissioning of the new “TATECO House” located at 85 Fifth Street, Barataria.
In 2016, we again expanded our footprint with the acquisition of what will soon be our South Office. This building is located at Penitence Street, San Fernando.