Pee Wee Young Savers’ Club
Members’ children and grandchildren from 1 year to 12 years can participate in this club.
Apart from financial benefits, this Club provides other activities, such as our Gerald Major Scholarship Awards for students who successfully completes the Secondary Entrance Assessment, Spelling Bee and Mathematics Competitions, and participation in our annual Christmas Party.
The shift from adolescence to adulthood is one of the most important changes one would make in his or her lifetime. Our Youth Congress caters for members 13 to 18 years.
The structure of the youth congress is that of any professional organization that is directed by a Board of Directors. It consists of a President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and board members, who are elected in a democratic manner at their Annual General Meeting (A.G.M)
Youth Congress members are exposed to: Public Speaking techniques, Etiquette, Field Trips, On the Job Training, Career Guidance and other development programmes.
back to top
Gerald Major Scholarship Award
At any age, acclamation for work well done goes a long way, this holds true especially for the young ones. Tateco Credit Union Gerald Major Scholarship Awards does just that. All active members who completes the S.E.A awards are automatically entitled for this award, which consist of a graduation certificate and shares from the Credit union.
Listed are the requirements and deadline for the 2010 Awards:
- The Secondary Entrance Assessment Number
- A copy of the child’s birth Certificate or an affidavit, or adoption under deed of poll
- The applicant must neither be delinquent nor inactive
- A maximum of two bursaries up to a maximum value of $5,000.00 per bursary shall be granted each year
- Applicants must be a bona fide member of TATECO Credit Union in good financial standing for not less that 2 years
- Applicants must be pursuing tertiary level courses as may be approved by Tateco Credit Union
- Bursaries will be awarded principally on the basis of academic merit
- Applicants’ contribution to Credit Union activities will be considered in awarding the bursaries
- Applicants must show evidence of satisfactory progress in their studies
- Bursaries will normally be awarded on successful completion of year 1 of any approved course
- Approved courses shall not normally be less that eighteen months duration
- Receipt of a previous bursary does not debar one from applying for the current bursary
Contact your credit union for the appropriate forms (Available from May 2010).
back to top